Streamers are those streaming on Twitch under the Entropia Universe category. Rules:
- Streams must have an average view rate above 5 people.
- Streams do not have to be family friendly as such, though streams that we consider to be counterproductive to positive community development will not qualify
- Streams that do not feature active gameplay (AFK streaming) will not qualify
- Streams must take place on NI/AG
- Streams must enable the “Save previous streams as videos for 30 days feature”
Video Creators are those producing videos for YouTube about Next Island.
- Videos must have above 100 views
- Videos must take place on NI/AG
- Videos do not have to be family friendly as such, though videos that we consider to be counterproductive to positive community development will not qualify
- Videos should have a “topic” to explore, and discretion will be used when deciding if content is of quality
- To qualify, videos should be innovative, interesting, and entertaining, not just HoF clips.
- Unedited clips of streams do not qualify, NI staff will make a final determination if videos are deemed appropriate to qualify
Event organizers are those organizing public events on NI/AG
- Events must be open to public entry. For example, limiting by society or specific players does not qualify (Events that form a shortlist such as “PFEU” still qualify). Events requiring certain items (such as for fashion events) are fine.
- Event organizers must show a significant effort in the coordination of their events and must post event details on the Next Island Forum
- Players attending events should reply to the forum thread so attendance can be more easily determined, if possible.
- A minimum of 10 people must be in attendance excluding the organizer(s)
- Players can submit lore to be written into the forum Lore section, as long as it ties into the planet storyline(s)
- Minimum word count is 300
- Should be interesting and relevant
- Accepted submissions will qualify for points
Community Nominations is a special category for players to nominate other players monthly. This nomination should be for players that contribute non-tangibly to the planet, ie via mentorship, healing, sweat circles, new player assistance, general dedication to the planet. These nominations will be done via the forum. Players should include their reasoning for nominating another player.
The Next Island Development Team will have the final say in what will be considered positive contributions and what points should be assigned.
- Streamers will earn 2 point per hour streamed
- Video Creators will earn 10 points per video
- Event Organizers will earn 15 points per event
- Lore Submission will earn 10 points per accepted submission
Points do not roll to the next month.
Players who redeem a reward 3 months in a row will be eligible for the Ascension Strider.
Players who redeem a reward 7 months in a row will be eligible for the Ascension Skyripper.
Process for Reward Redemption
All players who believe they may have required the correct amount of points to qualify for a reward should respond to a specially designated forum thread. We will not chase you down to find out if you qualified for a reward. You must post in the designated thread.
This post must include any relevant information such as:
- Full Avatar Name
- Categories you believe you have earned points in
- Links to appropriate submissible content (ie. relevant Twitch stream, lore submission, YouTube video)
Any players attempting to exploit the reward system by doing things such as, but not limited to, paying for views, paying for people to vote for them, or paying people to attend events will not qualify and at our discretion may be banned from participating in the Recognition Program further.
This program is on a seven month trial period, as a test to see how it goes. This enables players to at least complete a full set of the armor if we decide to discontinue the program.
In general, be a good person who is dedicated to supporting the Next Island community and contributing in a positive manner. All reward determinations will be at the full discretion of the Next Island team. Additional points may be awarded for going above and beyond with the time and effort put into larger coordinated streams, videos, events or creative writing submissions. We have seen many of you create content, and support your fellow colonists directly in game over the years. With this program we aim to show our appreciation for your continued contributions. We look forward to awarding many of you, and enjoying what you create along with our growing community!