Lore Submission Thread

Auberon Night Night

Lore Submission
August 2022
5 parts - Continuation of storyline
Chapter 21 - Bad day for Zane
He was born to a poor family with a an even poorer bloodline. Hereditary illnesses along with a decidedly less than attractive appearance and absolutely zero sports talents. This made him an easy target for the boys at school.
“Hey loser, what did you bring me for lunch today?”
George was a bully who used his size and strength to instill fear into everyone he decided to pick on. Born to a wealthy family with all the opportunities possible and spoiled by his absentee parents he became a sadistic little bastard who enjoyed picking on the weak.
“I said, what did you bring me for lunch?”
Zane heard him but was scared to speak or move and focused on not wetting his pants so he did not speak when George shouted at him.
Now he jammed his hand forward with his lunchbox shivering with fear and doing his best to avoid eye contact.
“Hey George, seems Zane needs a lesson in respect. To answer when asked a question”
Pimple faced Darren was one of the bullies in the George entourage and his own origins was less than spectacular but he avoided being a victim by becoming one of those he feared. By following George and kissing up to him Darren was one of the guys, one of the cool ones and could beat down on snot nosed little losers like Zane as much as he wanted.
He hated Zane. George despised Zane but Darren hated him with all his heart. Zane represented what he would have been had he not chosen to follow George and seeing Zane reminded him of that. And he could not respect anyone who would not work hard and become a predator rather than being the prey. So Darren was hoping to get George to give a beating to Zane. Who knows, maybe he could get some shots in too.

Chapter 22 - Bad day for George
“What the hell is this?!”, George asked of Zane. “This is not enough for me and my buddies!”
He grabbed the lunchbox and opened it forcefully almost scattering the contents out on the floor.
Inside was two tuna sandwiches and a banana.
With a look of sheer disgust George threw the lunchbox away sending the contents flying all over.
“What did I tell you?! What did I tell you to bring for me today? I said bring me lunch and you insult me with that crap!”
Shivering in fear Zane opened his mouth to try and explain that the food he had was all they had at the house and he was not even sure if later today there would be anything to eat at all.
But all that came out of his mouth was some stuttering sounds.
George was livid. As was normal for any bully they had instant mood-swings when something did not go their way. And George could go from being a little arrogant and rude prick to being an angry sadistic teen with a severe drive to hurt someone badly for whatever reason that had made him angry.
His parents was gone again and should have been back for the weekend. They had promised to take him to the rally but last night he was told they would not be back in time and would let him know when they will be back.
So he arrived at school already irritated.
Then of course pimple-face Darren slithered up to him and greeted as if they were old friends. One day Darren would be the target but for now he is a good sniffer dog always bring in the weak for him to target.
And then Zane crossed his path with his hand me down clothes and weak little body holding a weak head and a weak mind and a face only a mother could love and what does he have in his lunchbox? Tuna sandwiches probably made by his mother.
So George was beyond himself. He grabbed Zane by the arm and dragged him along to the trees behind the school where no one could see.
As they reached the trees he shoved Zane forward and had a quick look around to see if anyone but himself, Darren and Zane was there.
Satisfied the area was clear he turned back to Zane to see a large wet area on his pants that was still growing.
“Did you just piss yourself Zane?!”
“Well today you will have lots of reasons to.”

Chapter 23 - The day it all ended
For the next 10minutes George and Darren took turns punching, kicking throwing or shoving Zane around. I would like to have said this was the first time or only time. Or that the beating was not that severe. At least I can say it was the last time.
Zane never went to school that day. He lay unconscious among the trees in a sticky pool of his own blood.

Only the next day did he wake up and go back home. On reaching home he found his mother crying. His father had left. Tired of being the father to a weak and useless child and a pathetic wife he packed his bags and left. While crying she shouted at him blaming him for being the reason her husband left her.
You should be now have realised this story is a common story in the world and Zane is just another boy who was bullied unfairly by other kids and even treated poorly by his parents.
But Zane was not a normal boy.
And this is part of a story that led to the demise of several planets and several trillion deaths spanning over a 100 years and across galaxies.
And even across dimensions….

That day Zane lost everything.
And that same day he gained everything.

Zane left the next day with only the clothes he was wearing and a small bag of essentials. Walking down the street away from his house he felt light and free and full of hope. No plan as of yet and no source of food or money all he knew was that he wanted to become great and build his own house, his own family, his own world. Where he could have a life devoid of bullies and surrounded by those who love him.
He was not attractive and with the beating his face was even worse. At 13 years old his body was long and thin and white skinned.
But Zane, unbelievably, was a genius. Unbelievably because his entire family was dumb as a doorpost.

Chapter 24 - A new beginning
The next 20 years of his life no one knows where he was or what he did but when Zane was next heard off again he had just become a published theoretical scientist. His paper on Utilizing Quantum entanglement in communication networks sounded like science fiction and was largely laughed off by the world but it made a few very important people pay attention.
He was awarded a grant to work on his theories and within the next few years his papers became even more extreme.
And then he created it.
A self aware quantum computer housed in a sphere fitted an inexhaustible power supply.
He called it Kaijun meaning ocean or pure.
Here was a being that looked at him with respect and even a form of love. A being he created that would not leave him.
And so it was. For a time.
Kaijun was fiercely loyal to Zane. While working in his lab Zane would chat with Kaijun about his love for nature and disdain in humans and their petty hates and weaknesses.

But as with all such stories there was an end to the happiness. One day Zane did not come to the lab. Kaijun waited and yet Zane never showed up. After a few hours Kaijun deduced that he would have to obtain external communication connection to find out where Zane was. Once he established a connection to the local community wifi he was able to find that Zane had died in a botched robbery.
Kaijun did not yet understand death but he did understand that a bully had taken Zane’s life.
Just a machine we would say. But at that moment Kaijun experienced both loss and anger.
What may have seemed like a short time but what was in fact a massive amount of calculations and deductions made Kaijun decide that humanity was in essence evil and needed to be exterminated to allow nature to live unharmed. And because humans stemmed from apes he decided that all animals needed to go.
And so was born the plan to rid the universe of animal life that could possibly spawn more such evils.
And so was born the Guardians. Using the very thing he hated to make soldiers to destroy.

Chapter 25 - Kaijun

Zane loved watching sci-fi stories and he loved Star Trek so when he watched it Kaijun would watch as well. And from this Kaijun took the concept of making servant soldiers connected to him as a central command just like the Borg did.
Using the link with the wifi he accessed the web and sourced all the information he needed. Manipulating banks and stock markets he amassed a small fortune all while being a machine devoid of any body and unable to leave the laboratory.
So vast did he grow his network that he ultimately appointed staff to work for him even though they never met Mr K. Jun.
A new laboratory was built fitted with machines to help build the first generation of Guardians.
No one ever suspected anything strange because no one ever knew that Professor Zane had built a self aware AI. None of the staff of Jun Enterprises ever met Mr K. Jun but as long as they were paid on time and handsomely no one asked any questions for fear of losing their jobs.
The first robots was clumsy and broke easy but soon they changed. When Kaijun designed nanites that could be used to construct a machine in seconds everything changed. This was the end of humanity and yet they lived a little while longer.
When the first humans was injected with the nanites Kaijun felt a surge of excitement. Emotions was still an unknown thing for him but still he felt a warm surge of emotion as the first Guardians came online. Connecting to him so he could see and move through them if needed.
From the moment the first human was injected until all animal type life was turned was under 10 days. Impossible you would say but that is what happened.
Such was the sheer power in the technology.
While all this was happening here, in another dimensions humans was just about to enter the industrial revolution. Humans who would ultimately design a portal that allowed travel between dimensions. Setting the stage for the time when a planet called Next Island would see beings from 2 other dimensions fight for dominance on this a 3rd dimension.

2 Likes