Lore Submission Thread

Isme’s Journey

Isme’s Journal #26

Well another day, another dozen papoos down. While I was swunting them yesterday, I kept trying to find better ways to take them down. I mean the yellow and brown ones are not super hard. They are hard enough though to convince anyone I have not earned my SUPER HUNTER status yet, but I need something more when I take on the gray and red ones.

When I was just about ready to call it a day when one of the papoo ran at me. I got into a proper stance to take it on. It was a standard fight until I slipped on a loose pebble. As I started to fall, I staggered, then caught myself and while doing that I turned my blade in a different way. I caught the papoo under the arm and flipped it and dealt it a critical blow!!! It went down super quick after that!!!

I decided to try and reproduce that sword turn on a few more papoo. It was with limited success though. When I got the turn right it was gold and when I didn’t it was near disastrous!

After checking over my gear this morning, all the experimenting was expensive gear wise. I needed to practice in a way that won’t cost me so much money. I am enjoying not eating amen more then twice a week after all. So I decided to suck it up, and go back to piglets.

I really hate helping Sebastian and his friends/army. I really really do. But the truth is that piglets are good for practice. They are mobile enough to keep you moving and yet weak enough that a bad move won’t kill you. The other upside is I can stock my pantry. YUM bacon!!!

When I can reproduce that new turn, correctly every time. I will go back and lay waste to those brown papoo!!!

I wonder if there is a practical use for large amounts of papoo hide? Ooo in the off seasons I could start a fashion line using papoo trim! It could be a thing! And the 4 naturally occurring colors would give variation!

I will have to sketch some designs. Tonight though is time to sleep!