Lore Submission Thread

Isme’s Journey

Isme’s Journal #28

I guess I won’t have to worry about piglets or papoo today. The weather is awful and I just don’t feel like dealing with stupid annoying animals today. Perhaps it is still bad attitude from the other day.

I think I will doodle up some sketches of things I could make from papoo and piglet hides. I could make hats, coats, throw pillows, rugs maybe. Piglet leather boots, maybe, trimmed with papoo fur.

I remember seeing that back on earth there had been a call for fur covered pom pom style earrings. I could start that here maybe? Available in four colors, no artificial dyes needed!

Hmm. That might be more motivation for honing my hunter skills, preserving the pelts. I mean, why not? A super hunter should know what to do with the things they hunt, right? I could start saving more of the pelts and learn to use it the way I learned to cook more things using mountain boar piglets as the main protein.

I know I am bound to screw up a few times. Make some things that are terrible for sure. But with how many papoo I need to kill and the piglets I killing for practice, I will have more then enough material. Those piglets multiply like Terran rabbits!!!

hmm, hmm, hmm, where to begin?

There was that quote in Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland -”The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. “Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?” he asked.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop. “

Truly great words, Begin at the Beginning. I guess for me the beginning would be to have hide samples in front of me. I think I have a few bits around here. OH and a sketch book. I have to have a sketch book too…

So off I go for a hunt of a different kind.