Lore Submission Thread

Isme’s Journey

Isme’s Journal #22

So, not quite an amazing start for the papoo culling.

I forgot how tough the red papoo are. Its been awhile since I had to deal with the red ones. I went at them like I do for the yellow ones and I got my butt kicked! The red ones must be the heavy units in the papoo army. Red because of their aggressive behavior and bad tempers.

I wonder if a papoo’s color is determined by its genetics or its temperament. Like maybe baby papoo are born a neutral color and as they develop, the more docile ones turn yellow or brown, this wiser ones turn gray and the vicious, nasty, blood thirsty ones turn red?

If I ever write that book on Next Island Fauna, I will have to research that.

I still should have know better with those nasty red papoo. I shouldn’t have let them flank me. Now I have more repairs because I got over confident and stopped using my most important tool- my brain……

It is OK though. It was bad tactics on my part. I will do better the next time.

In preparation for the next time, I am going to go after 300 yellow ones, because it will weaken the papoo army, and probably annoy Sebastian. Then I will go after the 300 brown ones. Then I will hunt down the 300 gray ones.

That will help my improve my skills more. I could experiment with new tactics. Maybe even take on groups of papoo to work on my crowd control skills. Crowd control skills are always helpful for papoo fighting. Those rotten flea bags always seem to have friends/colleagues/squad mates around.

If I have to be honest with myself, despite my skills having improved a lot since leaving the Times, I still have such a long way to go. The work has been far more satisfying then reviewing swimsuits for sure!!

My sword skills are up quite a bit from the low level they had been, or should I say the total lack of sword skills I used to have.

Be patient Isme, you will get there!