Lore Submission Thread

Lores for September
Writing my own experiences in Next Island
Posting all 5 post/parts in one submissions

Noob Adventure

Part I

I like the feel and sounds of my vehicle. I don’t remember when it has changed, as when I was young, I was not able to sleep in the vehicle. But now I can fall sleep as soon as I hit that auto-flying button. Maybe I am just used to riding in this body wrapping seat of my Sleipnir or maybe I have grown old and learned to sleep when I can… I think you know what I mean. The warp is definitely the fastest option to get to the destination, but I do like to take my sweet time riding Sleipnir, because when I wake up, I know I will at my destination, Next Island.

I was seeing the dream, more like a watching a memory of when I was young, just newly born in the world of Entropia Universe. Back then, the mentor and great senior players took me to many different planets. The issue was, I didn’t know which ways are left and right. It has been years since I travel to Next Island, last time it was like a vacation, walked around the beach, looking at the new scenery and relax while the mentor gets his “work” done.

“Voooooommm” Ah, there is the excitement, waking up with the sounds of vehicle slowing down ready to land. This time, I had a plan follow in this beautiful planet as a noob adventurer. “I’m sure I will be ok, I red the guidebook many times over and over.” Many friends let me know about this new guidebook, “NI Helper”. In this book, there was many adventures presented with excitements, challenges, and eye-opening rewards. My plan was to experience as many things as possible, this time, I am on my own and got all time in my hands. “Ok, I’m ready,” telling myself to wash away the anxiety inside of me and I have entered Next Island for second time in my life.

Part II

“Finally, it is great to be on my own feet.” Even though, I love to sleep while on the flight with the sounds of Sleipnir humming, the feeling of landing and standing on my feet can’t be compared. After parking the vehicle, I looked around to see where I have landed. “Hmmm, I don’t remember this… is this a same place?” The landing spot seemed different than what I remembered before. “Has it change or…” maybe I just don’t remember, after all, it has been many years since I last visited Next Island. Paradise landing, the name paradise gives me a warm feeling inside to look forward to. At least I was able to find the sign, guiding me to the way to new arrival area, this is much more friendly for the newcomer than I remember. “Let’s get going!” I was so excited to explore and start on missions the planet got to offer. As I approach the sign, there was a lady who guiding the newcomers. “Please head down to the beach” says the lady. I have looked at the direction she is pointing, then I saw ahead the long wooden stairways. “Oh man…” This is not good, really not good. I have experienced falling from the high ground all way down, crippling myself. Of course, Entropian Goddess revives me as fresh as new, but the scar on mind never heals like body does. I better not fall down this time, even I must walk slowly. I swear it took me over 10 mins just to go down on stairs, well, at least I felt like more than 10 mins. But, guess what? After trying so hard to go down on stairs, I found there is a televator at the bottom of stairs. “Wait, where does this televator takes me to?” I used the televator to go up on the floor and found out where I am. The top of the stairs I just walked down. “Hahahaha” I was laughing so hard I’m sure other Entropians around me may thought I was going crazy. Ok, I guess I am too excited and nervous that I can’t even see the televator.

Part III

After having a good laugh and the respect to the Next Island architects and builders who made a long stair with a televator available. I was finally able to reach the newcomer area. I think this area is new, I have a no memory of the area and I am sure, I never have done the new player missions here at least not the same one. Even though I am noob, I have done the new player missions in other planets. After introducing myself, I was listening to the helpful NPCs explaining each activity I can do on the planet. Yes, I was listening but please let me make an excuse, after traveling to many planets to experience the new player missions, it feels like repeatable mission. It is like I am listening, but words just don’t penetrate my head enough to hit the brain. This was the mistake, YES, this was significant mistake I will recognize later.

New player missions in each planet are always interesting, the gears that is offered are very similar in the use, but the appearance is completely different. I enjoy looking at the gears from each planet and wonder on the background and history of the planet. Next Island, the gun was very cute and then they gave out the item I am unfamiliar to get from the new player mission, a refiner. This is essential tool for a player who want to start their career as a miner and small refiner will come in handy. “Thank you, guys and ladies,” I have smiled and packed all gears I received. There was more than I thought, guns, ammo, finder, excavator, refiner, healing tool and blueprint. “Lesser Elysia… what is this thing, clothes?” Even though I had no idea what blueprint it was for, I just acted as I knew and started on my missions in the planet.

Part IV

New player missions are first missions I like to go through in each planet. It is great ways to find out the entry level activities, enemies, mining findings and all the basics. “Let’s start with the hunting” Feeling and making sure that I can use NI issued gun, I walked toward the location of Papoo that was told by the guide to face the first encounter. “What are they…?” The creature looked like… a monkey, after observing them for a couple minutes, they started to make a chatter. They have noticed me, discussing among themselves, maybe even warning each other. I got to move, before they surround me and becomes too late. Gripping firmly on the handgun, I have walked out from the bush and aimed on the closest Papoo. First shot must hit them good, the Papoo screamed and rushed toward me to fight back or at least tried to. After shooting one down on the ground, I have recognized something. “This guy must be still a kid” Even I am not the professional about my knowledge in Papoo or even animals, I can tell the guy I shot down was very small and thin. I was told to clear them out, but maybe we are the one who is intruding their living… with the sense of a guilt in my heart, I have decided to mindlessly hunt to complete the mission like I was running away from the thought we are the one who is destroying the living of others. It was very quick to take down all Papoos I can find in the area, picking some items and cutting off their useful body parts, I head my way back to report the outcome. “Thank you for completing the mission, now you know how to hunt” says the guide. “Thanks, I will explore to find what kind of creatures I can find” I have smiled to him but started to wonder how it was when first Entropian landed in this planet. “Only if there are way to live with those creatures together” I know it is the only hopeful thinking that will never come true, after all, most of Entropian’s living are coming from hunting in the wild. I have stared at my hand covered with the blood of Papoo and hastily walked my way to the river where I can wash my hand to clean the blood off and also to wash the thoughts away to come back to the reality.

Part V

A mining always has been my favorite work to do in any planet, it is just a relaxing seeing the sight while I find resources. Also, each planet seems to have unique resources which I never seen before. I was always amused by the appearance and how those materials are used by predecessors. I be honest; I have mined at least 10 times more than hunting if not 20 times. I knew what material I was going for, which I been hearing from my friends many times, [Dark Lysterium]. Lysterium is most likely a resource that is most common for miners and of course for me. I am able to find these clean white ores in many planets and locations, which I am often disappointed when I find a resource just to find it is Lysterium. Even though years of mining, I have never saw any other type of Lysterium, so I was very eager to find “Dark” Lysterium. I have equipped finder I got in the newcomer area. Even though the language written on the finder keys are different and I don’t understand exactly what it means, controls are same compared to ones in other planets. “Nice, at least I know how to use it” The finder was for the first time miner which reduces risks of not finding the resource by reducing the number of probes needed to 10% compared to standard finders many miners used. As this finder limit the size and depth, I can look for the resource, I have decided to mine relatively close to newcomer area. I have run at least 300 meters away from the guides to avoid interrupting them on their work, started to drop the probes while running towards the nature. “Boom” … No resource found.

“Boom” … No resource found.

“Wait, is Next Island indoor mining?” I was confused. I have at least dropped probes 10 times for both ores and enmatters together, but no resource was found. Debated to call a friend to ask if I was doing anything wrong, but instead, I decided to walk towards a beach side to few more drops.

“Boom” … bright lights was blinked on the finder. I have found my first claim on Next Island.

It was Lysterium, unfortunately it was not “Dark” one, but I was happy to see the claim at that point. “I guess this can be used for the blueprint that guide gave me earlier” Thinking about trying on crafting with Lysterium as I excavate, I promise myself to continue to mine in the planet to understand the area and to get “Dark” ones next time.

1 Like