Lore Submission Thread

Part 5:

-Dante, I already told you that I had time to explore all this, and repair lighting and energy systems … the first time I committed suicide I appeared in the Revive that is on that corner … I saw the ramp through which I imagine you have come …

Desmond had a strange look as he thought back to the months locked up there.

-And besides, I found this Planetary Teleporter, but it wasn’t working … in fact, it was under construction … I didn’t have much to do here, except die to live again, so I spent a lot of time trying to repair it in order to escape …

Desmond always had great knowledge of engineering, so despite the misfortune of being locked in the pyramid, surely he took that as a challenge …

-The weeks passed … I learned a lot about this robotic system, so different from the teleporters of the Entropia Quadrant, but … there came a time that with my knowledge I could not do more, I needed to reprogram the computer system, but hacking is not among my skills …

He looked at the ground, perhaps saddened … Mark looked at him with intense love, possibly remembering the months that they were not together …

-When I saw that I could not do more, I decided to get out of here as it were … the weeks of attempts to open the door began … and my mind, already quite deteriorated by the confinement, the suicides and the attempts to repair something that has never been seen, it finally broke … the rest you know …

He looked up and stared at me …

-Dante, we were friends, you could have been part of this …

-Desmond … you don’t betray a planet in this way …

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a movement … Moustapha saw it too … one of the VIPS raised his gun … The exchange of shots began …

We all took cover, both they and us … the shots ricocheted off the walls, the monitors, the boxes of equipment …

Suddenly, a shot pierced Moustapha’s chest, who fell dead next to us … he began to vibrate and, seconds later, he dematerialized … to appear on the opposite side of the room, where the Revive was …

That led nowhere: When we were mortally wounded, we would reappear … Draw … We knew it, but so did they …

Suddenly, Mark approached one of the terminals and began to type frantically while his companions covered him with the shots … What the hell was he doing?

Finally, we heard a deafening sound … we all stood still, not knowing what was happening … We looked at the dark background, where the noise was produced …

Huge red spotlights lit up in the distance … a sound like metal legs, gears … what was it?

Finally, that thing reached the illuminated area … A huge Vanguard appeared before us, with its metal legs …

Undoubtedly, Kratos had brought that huge robot, but it had not been activated the other time … and Mark had connected it …

The huge robot advanced towards us and pointed its weapons … We stood still, while the five Stel looked at us with sarcasm …

-Now what? -One of the VIPS looked at us mockingly - We have a huge ally to kill you …

Suddenly, the Vanguard spun around and looked at the VIP … he quickly aimed his gun at him and literally tore him apart with a single shot …

The Vanguard was connected, but it was not reprogrammed, so we humans were their enemies … them and us …

-Covered !!! EVERYBODY!!! - Desmond screamed like a man possessed …

It was clear: Our fight could wait, before all of us had to finish off that huge robot …

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 6:

We all took cover while we drew our most powerful weapons … I happened to hide near one of the VIPS … we looked at each other … now was not the time for feuds, first we had to finish off that Vanguard …

Desmond appeared on a Skyripper, shooting at that huge robot … While, JoseGaltor and Moustapha machine-gunned the robot’s legs, trying to make it stumble … Katalina fired her Lacerating in bursts trying to damage her weapons …

Simon and I had high-end Armatrix BLPs… we peeked in unison firing every last round, while we watched Mark and the other VIPS firing their guns…

The hangar was a place of destruction … the Vanguard’s shots were destroying everything, including the second teleporter, which was blown to pieces … From his Skyripper, Desmond watched in dismay … all the efforts that he had made for nothing …

A few minutes later, the Vanguard began to lose lubricating fluids and to limp … its lights flickered and, with a great crash, the huge robot collapsed, defeated …

We all stood still for a moment … We looked at each other and, like comrades, we smiled with satisfaction … but it only lasted a moment …

With a leap worthy of a cheetah, Moustapha launched himself on one of the VIPS and engaged in a hand-to-hand fight … The rest of us did the same: the only way to end it, one way or another, was hand-to-hand. .

JoseGaltor was shot down by another VIP, but he managed to keep him at bay … Katalina, with her own SI Knife feint the remaining VIP … Mark advanced towards Simon, and that left me alone with Desmond …

He glared at me as he drew his SparkBite … mine came out, and like two ancient Japanese warriors, sword against sword, we finally faced each other …

The fight was tough … But the VIPS, after all, were simple bureaucrats who had military training and had nothing to do with Katalina, Moustapha and JoseGaltor … in a few minutes the three VIPS were senseless on the ground while my colleagues immobilized and bound them …

Simon hit an already defenseless Mark … the punches were devastating … it would take more than a Regeneration Chip to fix the damage on Mark’s face … with one last blow, he collapsed senselessly at Simon’s feet … some zip ties plastic, and Mark was immobilized …

Desmond kept feinting and striking with his sword … we realized that we were fighting alone, while the others looked at us …

-Dante, you spoiled everything !!!

-You don’t see it yet, Desmond … The robots would have invaded us … give up once …

Desmond glared at me… he swung his sword and slashed through himself… Suicide?

He fell to the ground, and seconds later, his body began to dematerialize … where is the Revive? Of course!!! Now I see it.

-Katalina, go to the Revive !!!

The Revive was near one of the exit doors of the room … without a doubt he wanted to escape …

Indeed, with a flash Desmond appeared in the Revive next to one of the doors … He made a move to run towards the exit, when an iron fist stopped him short …

-I told you that I would take you to hell with me … - Simon had foreseen the play and was able to intercept it …

We all looked at each other… five senseless bodies were at our feet, tied up and ready to hand over to Chief Socrates… We dragged the bodies towards the exit…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 7:

In the teleporter near the pyramid, Chief Socrates was waiting for us … he looked at us all satisfied.

-I knew you could deal with this situation … I suppose this time the Planetary Teleporter has been rendered useless … -It was rather a question addressed to me …

-Sure, Chief … all destroyed and the five prisoners here, for whatever I’m going to do with them …

Desmond looked at Mark for a moment, and then straightened … he looked Socrates in the eye, lowered his head and spat out a bloody phlegm, which ended up splashing on Simon’s boots …

-You’re not going to do anything to us … -His tone of voice was challenging - What do you think?" Send me Calypso, Intelligence? … you’re wrong, Socrates.

-No, I’m not wrong … the Entropy Quadrant Intelligence Center will investigate your actions and you will be judged … -Socrates was clear about what was going to happen.

-We will not be judged, stupid planetary boss … Do you think that all this plot we have thought only between five people? -A smile touched Desmond and Mark’s lips.

Socrates looked at them with a point of insecurity … what did he mean?

-Listen, boss … how do you think we could put a drone in Hadesheim? You know that all Calypso communications are monitored …

We all looked at each other apprehensively… would someone in Calypso know about all this? Would he have helped Desmond and his people? And above all … they were going to allow the robots to possibly invade half the Entropy Quadrant …

-I see that now you are beginning to think … -He spit out a bloody phlegm again, and half a tooth step by step; Simon’s fist was like a hammer. - There are people high up in the Calypso hierarchy who are aware of all this … people who want to remove the Space Guild from the equation …

It couldn’t be … traitors in the Central Government … Socrates clenched his fists with fury, he seemed about to explode … he froze for a second, blew out a breath and spoke:

-That’s none of my business now … my mission is to take Calypso to Central Intelligence … JoseGaltor, do you still have the Dropship you brought available?

-Of course, sir… I abandoned it, but I left its location traceable so I can use it remotely… and I’m ready to take a ride to Calypso with the prisoners… -Jose is always up for anything to entertain him… even if it’s dangerous.

-Okay then … take the five prisoners and go to Calypso with them … I’ll send you later by UpLink the necessary documents and safe-conducts …

Socrates took out of his backpack the device for connecting the DNA banks and, one by one, he passed near the five prisoners and disconnected them … his gestures of pain denoted how painful the process was …

-So you’ll be careful if you try to run away … if you die now, it will be final … remember … -Socrates put the device away while five pairs of eyes looked at him with deep hatred …

Minutes later, the ship landed remotely and opened the hold … with little consideration we pushed the five prisoners … As he closed the hatch, we could still hear Desmond …

-Stupids !!! When our contacts know that we are there, the case will be dismissed and we will return again … it may even be that there is a new Planetary Chief on Next Island … -a nervous laugh initialed his speech …

Jose got into the cockpit, started the engines and the ship took off vertically… he stopped for a moment in the air and made an upward movement…. We all watched the maneuver.

-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM !!!

Suddenly, the dropship burst into flames … a shower of debris began to fall as we took cover, just in case …

-What happened?? -Katalina was scared … well, actually we were all …

-I don’t understand -Socrates looked at the explosion in disbelief …

Suddenly, next to us, a glow appeared, and a body was materializing … It was JoseGaltor … We stared, hoping that he had just been reborn to ask him what had happened …

The body appeared upright … it opened its eyes …

-Yesssssssssss !!! Magnificent!!! That H-DNA was of good quality… I just invented a new sport: Resurrecting while you detonate a charge inside the ship you pilot, hahahaha!

I can’t believe it … the very crazy JoseGaltor had detonated the ship with the five conspirators inside … that since they had been disconnected from the DNA banks, they were dead forever …

-But… I… what the hell !!!.. what have you done, Jose? -Socrates was really angry …

-Me? Nothing … I just made sure that these five idiots do not conspire again, much less that they go to Calypso to tell lies about us … -JoseGaltor in the background had saved us a lot of problems …

Socrates lowered his head thoughtfully … no doubt he was considering what had happened, and how it was going to affect Next Island and us …

-Okay … we can’t do anything now … all five are dead, the TP destroyed and this time for real … I think … I think we should forget that this has ever happened … -Socrates began to think about the possibilities that this event offered us …

-But I’m still an outlaw … -I ventured

-No problem … As Planetary Chief I can raise a pardon or … better … we can “lose” some documents and court records … - With Socrates by our side, the bureaucracy would fall like a house of cards …

-And in Ancient Greece? - Katalina wanted to tie up the loose ends …

-Well … er … I will send a messenger to Queen Pentesílea explaining part of the situation … without a doubt she will be understanding and will not want any kind of problems between our worlds …

I looked at them all one by one … loyal friends, who had managed to get me out of this quagmire, and on top of that they had managed to defeat a planetary conspiracy … Oh, if the Space Guild knew how close they have been to losing their business …

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epilogue: A couple of weeks later.

A few days have passed since the events of the pyramid … now we are as always, having drinks in the beach bars of Next Island …

Moustapha returned to Toulan … great friend, who incidentally takes a few thousand peds to buy his silence … It really was not necessary, Toulan people are loyal with promises, hospitality and friends, but … Socrates did not know that, that now he is a little poorer and Moustapha a little richer …

JoseGaltor had to run to Rocktropia … the owner of the stolen dropship managed to trace him here, and he turned out to be one of Arkadia’s toughest Smugglers … He said goodbye to me and Katalina effusively, grabbed his weapons and went out for a window … because the door was being banged on by an angry Smuggler and three bodyguards that were the size and look of a Maffoid …

Simon drank with me until he lost consciousness, celebrating his return from death … and he jumped for joy when I was able to give him a Viceroy Helmet that fit him perfectly … He approached me and whispered in my ear the coordinates of his house … well, continue being very jealous of his safety for being a mercenary, so … I will not say where he lives …

Socrates is still in charge of Next Island … with a security team he went to the pyramid, they removed the scrap metal, they covered the tracks that denoted what had happened, and today that pyramid is an Instance … more or less, a training ground … yes, the requirements to enter are enormous …

And Katalina and me? Well, the usual: crafting, hunting, mining, earning money and living well on this planet where we are finally creating roots …

Maybe in the future we will have new adventures to tell …

Homeward bound
Returning to Tanzanite, hauling the load of precious materials the Haruspex elder had requested, Bonnie reflected on her times so far on Next Island. “What a strange and wonderful land” she thought, glancing out over the tropical paradise she had spent the last few months exploring. This last mission had been quite the test, particularly that run in with the Megalodon, but deep down she longed to return home to Ancient Greece. She knew the next part of her quest would involve Molochs, and it would seem her chance to return home, back through the portal the Haruspex had created, would be now.
Lugging the last of the crystals and oils past the palm tree, she handed them over to the elder. " I hope it is all there" Bonnie joked, as the thousands of crystals tumbled out the bag. Her mission was complete, now it was time to head back to Troy on Ancient Greece, and find these depths where the molochs live.
Arriving in the cave where the portal is, she took one last glance around the Island paradise, took a deep breath, closed her eyes and was instantly transported to a place she was much more familiar with. “Ah that’s more like it!” she declared, opening her eyes and being surrounded by the pillars and art of Ancient Greece. She headed home to Menelausia to drop off the treasures she had collected, and check all was well. The estate was pristine as always, she sighed in relief and took in a deep breath of the fresh sweet smelling are. A mixture of the warm sands, salt from crashing waves, and perfume from the nearby flowers filled the air. “Now this truly is home” she smiled. “But there’s trouble here” Her smile turned to determination. There was a new sense of urgency in her mind. Before she was trying to help save a land for others and reap the rewards, but now it was different, she would not let these Demra fuelled Molochs run riot across these lands if they are allowed to keep this new and powerful armour, whatever it may be.

The Titans
The sun baked down the the market square at Thebes, Bonnie was collecting the last of the materials she would need on her journey down into the Molochs Depths. Unsure as to what she was about to face, she decided it would be best to meet with her crew, the Titans of Space, the band of interplanetary warriors who she had fought alongside many times before, both here and across the universe.
“If we could manage the Gorgons and blooming Zeus himself, I am sure we can manage some cows… " Bonnie joked. The others were quite sure too, they had all met Molochs previously around the islands, so they had a rough idea what they should expect. “What do you guys know about Demra?” She asked hopefully. “Demra?” Her friend questioned, " clearly not very much” Bonnie teased. “It’s just, well these Molochs are supposed to be under the influence of this stuff, and we don’t seem to know all that much about it. “You think too much” the Admiral taunted her, " lets just go and do what we do best, kill them!” “I sure hope this armour will be worth it” Her friend joked. However deep down Bonnie had that pang again, that feeling that things had changed for her, she was not just here to reap the reward for finding the armour, but taking it off those Demra inspired Molochs would mean they wont have the power to take control of her land… her land… she smiled in spite of her self and how intertwined she had become with this place, something she had never imagined would have been possible after so many years as an interplanetary nomad.
The team gathered the remaining items they needed from the market and made their way to Troy. Bonnie felt glad to be working along side her crew again, each of whom had also completed the same quest from the elder in order to gain access to the molochs depths, and excited about what they may find down there.

Into the Depths
Troy, an ancient legendary city, the site of some of the most epic and well know battles of millennia. But here as Bonnie and the crew arrived and looked around, it was a shadow of its former self. Although For what the city lacked in buildings here, it mimic the legend she remembered from ancient earth of the most with the main building upon the tell, but quite possible more to be found in the valleys and gulley’s surrounding. She followed the path down, and sure as fate would have it a vast valley appeared before them. “This will be it then” she shouted to the others who were following behind. Taking stock of their surroundings, there were cages, which seemed perfectly fit for human size, and a long winding path to a vast set of gates.
The approached the gates and beyond they could see a beautifully structured layered garden. Or so it seemed. Crossing over the gate would be the place where they would be checked for worthiness, it had not been the first time each of them had been struck down by such a gate. Taking a deep breath, Bonnie stepped through ( admittingly closing her eyes). Opening them, hesitantly, she peered around and sighed a huge sigh of relief. The rest of the team filtered through without quite the same hesitation.
Each path led past impressive fires and carefully placed water features. It somehow didn’t quite look like the battle ground they had expected. She pondered on this for a moment, then it became clear. This was never supposed to be a battle ground, it was to be a place where Moloch craftsmen were to perfect their work and create something quite special, until of course the decided to keep it for themselves.
There were 3 shimmering huge doors. Each with what seemed to be an image of the fate that lay beyond, which did not seem all that appealing! However they had got this far, and this was no time to be afraid. It was time to take back what was theirs, once and for all.

The open cage

Drip, drip, drip, the blood dripping from the cages was relentless. They hang they above the heads of all those who dared enter the depths. It splattered the walls, smeared across… everything. “What had happened down here” Bonnie thought, squinting in the darkness trying to make out the shadowy figures approaching.
It was dark, damp and had that smell of a place that had seen a lot of death. Bonnie wondered if those Molochs who had not turned to against the haruspex. had suffered a brutal fate at the hands of their brethren. Or if the cages contained the remains of hapless warriors before her, knowing that the gods of Ancient Greece were using helpfully in resurrecting those who meet an early demise, but down here they may be force to an eternity in a cage. Drip, drip, drip… it continued. Bonnie shuddered.
As her eyes adjusted to the light, she soon realised she was completely surrounded by the Molochs. Oddly none of them seemed to be reacting to her presence, they seemed to be somewhat mindlessly controlled by the Demra. “Alright, lets see how tough these bad boys really are” Bonnie thought whilst charging up her powerful electric mindforce. She hit the first one which immediately turned to attack her. They were mighty and strong with health, but not undefeatable and certainly not with the might of the Gorgons she had fought previously. Upon each death she was able to loot the creatures for what they held, but as of yet none of them had any sort of armour. Checking with her friends they too had not reported finding anything of interest. It seemed they would have to kill many of these creatures to get to the ones who may have already completely built a piece of the armour, and take it before they put it to use. This was not going to be an easy task, but one which must be done none the less.

Lores for September
Writing my own experiences in Next Island
Posting all 5 post/parts in one submissions

Noob Adventure

Part I

I like the feel and sounds of my vehicle. I don’t remember when it has changed, as when I was young, I was not able to sleep in the vehicle. But now I can fall sleep as soon as I hit that auto-flying button. Maybe I am just used to riding in this body wrapping seat of my Sleipnir or maybe I have grown old and learned to sleep when I can… I think you know what I mean. The warp is definitely the fastest option to get to the destination, but I do like to take my sweet time riding Sleipnir, because when I wake up, I know I will at my destination, Next Island.

I was seeing the dream, more like a watching a memory of when I was young, just newly born in the world of Entropia Universe. Back then, the mentor and great senior players took me to many different planets. The issue was, I didn’t know which ways are left and right. It has been years since I travel to Next Island, last time it was like a vacation, walked around the beach, looking at the new scenery and relax while the mentor gets his “work” done.

“Voooooommm” Ah, there is the excitement, waking up with the sounds of vehicle slowing down ready to land. This time, I had a plan follow in this beautiful planet as a noob adventurer. “I’m sure I will be ok, I red the guidebook many times over and over.” Many friends let me know about this new guidebook, “NI Helper”. In this book, there was many adventures presented with excitements, challenges, and eye-opening rewards. My plan was to experience as many things as possible, this time, I am on my own and got all time in my hands. “Ok, I’m ready,” telling myself to wash away the anxiety inside of me and I have entered Next Island for second time in my life.

Part II

“Finally, it is great to be on my own feet.” Even though, I love to sleep while on the flight with the sounds of Sleipnir humming, the feeling of landing and standing on my feet can’t be compared. After parking the vehicle, I looked around to see where I have landed. “Hmmm, I don’t remember this… is this a same place?” The landing spot seemed different than what I remembered before. “Has it change or…” maybe I just don’t remember, after all, it has been many years since I last visited Next Island. Paradise landing, the name paradise gives me a warm feeling inside to look forward to. At least I was able to find the sign, guiding me to the way to new arrival area, this is much more friendly for the newcomer than I remember. “Let’s get going!” I was so excited to explore and start on missions the planet got to offer. As I approach the sign, there was a lady who guiding the newcomers. “Please head down to the beach” says the lady. I have looked at the direction she is pointing, then I saw ahead the long wooden stairways. “Oh man…” This is not good, really not good. I have experienced falling from the high ground all way down, crippling myself. Of course, Entropian Goddess revives me as fresh as new, but the scar on mind never heals like body does. I better not fall down this time, even I must walk slowly. I swear it took me over 10 mins just to go down on stairs, well, at least I felt like more than 10 mins. But, guess what? After trying so hard to go down on stairs, I found there is a televator at the bottom of stairs. “Wait, where does this televator takes me to?” I used the televator to go up on the floor and found out where I am. The top of the stairs I just walked down. “Hahahaha” I was laughing so hard I’m sure other Entropians around me may thought I was going crazy. Ok, I guess I am too excited and nervous that I can’t even see the televator.

Part III

After having a good laugh and the respect to the Next Island architects and builders who made a long stair with a televator available. I was finally able to reach the newcomer area. I think this area is new, I have a no memory of the area and I am sure, I never have done the new player missions here at least not the same one. Even though I am noob, I have done the new player missions in other planets. After introducing myself, I was listening to the helpful NPCs explaining each activity I can do on the planet. Yes, I was listening but please let me make an excuse, after traveling to many planets to experience the new player missions, it feels like repeatable mission. It is like I am listening, but words just don’t penetrate my head enough to hit the brain. This was the mistake, YES, this was significant mistake I will recognize later.

New player missions in each planet are always interesting, the gears that is offered are very similar in the use, but the appearance is completely different. I enjoy looking at the gears from each planet and wonder on the background and history of the planet. Next Island, the gun was very cute and then they gave out the item I am unfamiliar to get from the new player mission, a refiner. This is essential tool for a player who want to start their career as a miner and small refiner will come in handy. “Thank you, guys and ladies,” I have smiled and packed all gears I received. There was more than I thought, guns, ammo, finder, excavator, refiner, healing tool and blueprint. “Lesser Elysia… what is this thing, clothes?” Even though I had no idea what blueprint it was for, I just acted as I knew and started on my missions in the planet.

Part IV

New player missions are first missions I like to go through in each planet. It is great ways to find out the entry level activities, enemies, mining findings and all the basics. “Let’s start with the hunting” Feeling and making sure that I can use NI issued gun, I walked toward the location of Papoo that was told by the guide to face the first encounter. “What are they…?” The creature looked like… a monkey, after observing them for a couple minutes, they started to make a chatter. They have noticed me, discussing among themselves, maybe even warning each other. I got to move, before they surround me and becomes too late. Gripping firmly on the handgun, I have walked out from the bush and aimed on the closest Papoo. First shot must hit them good, the Papoo screamed and rushed toward me to fight back or at least tried to. After shooting one down on the ground, I have recognized something. “This guy must be still a kid” Even I am not the professional about my knowledge in Papoo or even animals, I can tell the guy I shot down was very small and thin. I was told to clear them out, but maybe we are the one who is intruding their living… with the sense of a guilt in my heart, I have decided to mindlessly hunt to complete the mission like I was running away from the thought we are the one who is destroying the living of others. It was very quick to take down all Papoos I can find in the area, picking some items and cutting off their useful body parts, I head my way back to report the outcome. “Thank you for completing the mission, now you know how to hunt” says the guide. “Thanks, I will explore to find what kind of creatures I can find” I have smiled to him but started to wonder how it was when first Entropian landed in this planet. “Only if there are way to live with those creatures together” I know it is the only hopeful thinking that will never come true, after all, most of Entropian’s living are coming from hunting in the wild. I have stared at my hand covered with the blood of Papoo and hastily walked my way to the river where I can wash my hand to clean the blood off and also to wash the thoughts away to come back to the reality.

Part V

A mining always has been my favorite work to do in any planet, it is just a relaxing seeing the sight while I find resources. Also, each planet seems to have unique resources which I never seen before. I was always amused by the appearance and how those materials are used by predecessors. I be honest; I have mined at least 10 times more than hunting if not 20 times. I knew what material I was going for, which I been hearing from my friends many times, [Dark Lysterium]. Lysterium is most likely a resource that is most common for miners and of course for me. I am able to find these clean white ores in many planets and locations, which I am often disappointed when I find a resource just to find it is Lysterium. Even though years of mining, I have never saw any other type of Lysterium, so I was very eager to find “Dark” Lysterium. I have equipped finder I got in the newcomer area. Even though the language written on the finder keys are different and I don’t understand exactly what it means, controls are same compared to ones in other planets. “Nice, at least I know how to use it” The finder was for the first time miner which reduces risks of not finding the resource by reducing the number of probes needed to 10% compared to standard finders many miners used. As this finder limit the size and depth, I can look for the resource, I have decided to mine relatively close to newcomer area. I have run at least 300 meters away from the guides to avoid interrupting them on their work, started to drop the probes while running towards the nature. “Boom” … No resource found.

“Boom” … No resource found.

“Wait, is Next Island indoor mining?” I was confused. I have at least dropped probes 10 times for both ores and enmatters together, but no resource was found. Debated to call a friend to ask if I was doing anything wrong, but instead, I decided to walk towards a beach side to few more drops.

“Boom” … bright lights was blinked on the finder. I have found my first claim on Next Island.

It was Lysterium, unfortunately it was not “Dark” one, but I was happy to see the claim at that point. “I guess this can be used for the blueprint that guide gave me earlier” Thinking about trying on crafting with Lysterium as I excavate, I promise myself to continue to mine in the planet to understand the area and to get “Dark” ones next time.

The diary of a shopkeeper

Getting a shop

This shopkeeper diary can be found behind the desk of stall 9 below Crystal Peak on Next Island.

Today I did it finally. I was able to get my hands on a house property deed for a small Stall on Next Island. This was quite a journey to get, when they originally started to get sold on auction, I couldn’t acquire one directly, since the wire-transfer was to slow. Although I missed the opportunity, my mentor was fast enough to grab a small booth just below Crystal Peak.

The first few weeks he setup his shop and sold mostly his Next Island loot. But since he just got the VIP Mission finished, he wanted to focus a bit more on hunting rather than taking care of a shop most of the time. This was my chance. We figure out a deal where he could make some profit as well of his initial investment of buying the shop in the first place. Besides the shop he provided me with some ideas for the shop and the information how he has been running the shop and what he sold so far. I did as well with the purchase of the shop acquire some of the items, he still had in hit shop as a starting stack to start off with the shop.

After all the payments and transfers where done. I finally was a little shop owner on Next Island. Besides having a small stall quite near the sweatcircle of Next Island, I as well heard some rumours in the bar, that there might be a nice little surprise when Christmas comes around and you are the owner of a shop on Next Island. But I guess I need to have to wait some months till I see if Santa has something in store for us this year. Anyways I am already really excited for it.

The rest of the day I was busy placing all Items on the shop: Carpets, Ores, Weapons, Sweat, Crystals and much more. I basically tried a bunch of different Items to see what would sell.

My first customer

Today I invested a lot of time to figure out what layout my shop should have. After some serious thinking around it I decided that I will provide in my shop mostly stuff for the daily use like Sweat and Lysterium for the daily crafting missions on the one hand and on the other hand a small stack of wool and animal hides for newcomers that look to get the Elysian Colorator and Bleaching Attachment. The rest consist mostly of Crystals and ores and enmatter that can be found on Next Island as a bonus I did import some Malwood Recruit Eagles from Toulan. As a small eyecatcher I placed some mysterious flower around the shop, that I could already craft but can’t use till I still need to get a better armor to be able to hunt those amazons in Ancient Greece. All I can do now is wait and hope that at least some of my goods will be bought.

I finally made my first sale. Early in the morning someone bought the first 1000 Sweat of me, even tough this is just a very small profit of some pecs, it still is my first profit on the shop so somewhat special to me. I realised that over the next days the demand of sweat was quite good at the shop, and I could make my first few peds. I guess there where people going hard on doing the gorgon wave event or they tried they’re luck on the Moloch Depths.

After the first week all I have sold was Sweat and some Boar Tails. I really hope that more will come into the mix of sold items over the next week. I will monitor the transactions of my shop closely and then decide what I want to go for and advertise my shop around. I just hope that I can somehow use the shop to sell part of my Next Island loot I get from my daily missions.

Advertise the shop

After I made my first sales of sweat my other goods mostly still look untouched, so I decided to start an advertisement offensive for the shop. I need to figure out where to place my advertisement best, so most people can see it. I figured out the following locations and advertisements so far:

I will ask Nikolas if I can hang a small letter on his door, since I guess most miners that mine around Next Island or Ancient Greece will visit him regularly for his Praetonium Challenge. I think the advertisement should be for some mining gear and go something like this: “Want to go mine and go deeper than Moloch Depths and get bigger claims than Gorgon is keeping? Get your ROCTEC M1-LF Finder together with your Level 5 Finder Amplifier now to mine deep and get richer. Find your supplies here at Crystal Peak Stall 9. “

I guess I should as well ask May as well if I could have a small advertisement placed on her wagon, to advertise some of the goods I have mined myself together with some sweat. I will advertise there the following: In need of some Vibrant Sweat and Lysterium Ignots for your daily Lesser Elysium challenge or a visit at Gorgon? Find your supplies at Crystal Peak Stall 9.”

Finally, I should put some advertisement in the local bar near Crystal Bay. I just hope the barkeeper has forgotten that I paid my last tab with a poem instead of solid peds. The advertisement should be aimed on some drunk people; therefore, I will advertise something more special than my usual stuff. “Want to feel like a special snowflake tonight? Get your Stel Holographic Unit to have a party light for every party night! Afraid you drank to much and might spill up in the morning? Prepare now and get some Armor Plate Acid, to protect your armor before your Acid breath destroys it. Find all those useful tools together with a nice Borded Mosaic Carpet to sleep in at Crystal Peak Stall 9.”

I guess tomorrow I will place all those advertisements and see what the future brings.

My first regular customer

Today I made my way to place some advertisements, I first got to Tanzanite View had a quick talk with may and she agreed to let me place my advertisement so more people can help her out with her needs for lesser Elysium Crafting. After that I made my way down to Ancient Greece and was hoping to place my next advertisement near Nikolas.

Nikolas wasn’t as easy going as May, he insisted that if I want to put my advertisement on, I first must prove my value as a miner, otherwise he wouldn’t trust that I can provide good mining tools, if I do not even know how to use them. After a bit forth and back I agreed to provide him his daily dose of Praetonium. Since I wanted to get this done fast, I grabbed an amplifier and did try mining directly on Ancient Greece. I had a quick look at my mininglog, and since I didn’t find any useful information, I decided to start my run at Knossos. Surely there must be some good claims near the legendary Gorgon I thought to myself. My first drop was a blank but already the second drop was a nice Margarian Mist Claim. It went on with quite some claims sadly besides Iron and Crude oil I really didn’t find any Preatonium. I decided to try my luck at Delphi when I suddenly got loads of notification from my shop. There was a customer buying all different kinds of items at my shop from regular sweat over some crystals and boar loot to some of my Malwood Eagles. I quickly sent him a message and wrote my appreciation for supporting my shop. He thanked me as well and said he might come back another time. With my shop half empty of the items, I sell most, I abandoned my mining run and decided to go on a longer journey to Callypso to bring some more supplies to my shop.

A humble customer saving the hangover

Last few weeks have been busy I basically only kept my shop alive by getting supplies from Callypso to Next Island or was hunting on Next Island for new supplies. As it turned out my big bulk buyer from two weeks ago turned into a regular customer who really helped to keep me afloat with the shop, hunting and oil spent traveling from Callypso to Next Island.

Tomorrow I think I can finally finish my advertisement that I neglected the last few weeks because I was busy getting new supplies trading and hunting on Next Island. Luckily in those two Weeks I finished my Praetonium task for Nikolas.

Today I woke up with a terrible headache, I knew it wasn’t a good idea to try the Greek wine from Nikolas before going to the bar on Next Island. But since he let me put up my advertisement, I agreed to have a glass of wine. Which turned in to a bottle between the two of us. I just remember that I at some point told him I need to go back and place some more advertisement, I guess I was already quite drunk when I left him because, there are just random scenes I still remember from last night. Something must have happened at the bar, because I just remember getting escorted outside the bar late last evening. My big mistake was that I did not go to sleep right there but instead decided to restock my shop while I finish my Black Mamba.

This clearly was not a good idea besides the headache, I realized that I have sold Sweat for 9 PED. Normally I would price 5k Sweat at 8.5 PED. Having a sale of 9 PED could only mean that I mistakenly placed my 50k Sweat at 8.5 PED instead of 5k Sweat. Luckily the buyer of that Sweat was my regular buyer. I got in touch with him and asked if I might have mispriced some of my Sweat. He laughed and said, he saw some cheap sweat in my shop and thought he rather take it out before someone else takes it. It really made my day that he agreed to hand me back 40k of the sweat he bought. Despite my headache hammering in my head while I write this, I am happy to have such an honest and loyal customer.