Announcement: Ancient Greece Shares

Next Island and MindArk have been closely monitoring the popularity and performance of Ancient Greece shares since their release, and have agreed to take efforts to improve revenue share distributions for Ancient Greece shareholders.

The Next Island team has been humbled by and thankful for the community’s support of our efforts to breathe new life into Next Island. Your faith in our development and contributions to the community of our planet means a lot to our hard-working team. In turn, we feel we have enough information at this point to make a sensible reduction in the total number of Ancient Greece shares available, which will of course increase revenue share distributions for current and future shareholders.

Accordingly, 350,000 Ancient Greece shares will soon be removed from Next Island’s remaining (unsold) share holdings, resulting in 400,000 total outstanding Ancient Greece shares (compared to the 750,000 shares originally created). This new total number of shares will continue to receive 50% of Next Island’s portion of Ancient Greece revenue, and thus represents a significant increase in expected revenue distributions per share.

We feel that this change will position Ancient Greece shares on a par with other successful share and deed offerings in Entropia Universe, while still providing ample resources for our team to continue expanding and improving Next Island and Ancient Greece moving forward.

Thank you for your continued support,
Next Island Development Team.

10 Likes

Does it mean that the revenue of the 350k deleted shares will go to the 400k shares in game ?

With the amount of shares taken out, the revenue per share will increase accordingly (as total revenue will not change but the number of shares it is distributed to is less) :slight_smile: about a 80-90% increase per share.

3 Likes

@Socrates I have been looking over the forum after you gave me the link on the Entropia Discord Server this morning. You provided a lot of great information about Ancient Greece as to your development progress since you took over in 2017 to us there. I don’t remember all the great things you pointed out though.

I wonder if you might be able to do a basic run down of the highlights of what’s been changed, added, or edited from before your taking over? Also, is the infusion of share holders investment going to be used to pay for what’s already been done to AG, or will it be for future development, and if so could you, while not committing to anything, present some of the basic ideas you and the team have for future development? If future development is not planned, what are your plans to draw the player base to AG? As you point out, the purpose of your team is the breathe new life into Next Island and Ancient Greece. You pointed out some great initiatives to that end on Discord.

I know that committing to anything is not possible without knowing more information about things like what the community would like to see done. I think you have already done enough to draw players to at least check out what you’ve done to AG. This morning you provided a simple break down of the route you take to get there, how you go about getting on the Entropia Exchange to buy shares and trade shares, and the advantages of playing in AG on NI. Before you spoke about it this morning I really had no desire to fly all the way over there, but now I want to see it for myself. I think placing a post somewhere on the forum breaking all of that down would help people in doing their investment research to whether or not they are interested in investing.

Cheers,

Starburst :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I have a question.
So there are 400k shares that give the owners in total 50% of the revenue on Ancient Greece.
My question is: Does this revenue mean the total amount of PED that’s being inputed in AG, example I hunt worth 2000 PED, I get back 1800 PED → the shares will give in total 50% of my 2000 ped input → 1000 ped to be split among the shares equally or is this used for the loss I took, meaning 50% of 200 → 100 ped to be split among shares?

Hi, welcome.

The 400K AG shares in total represent 50% of all of Next Islands revenue across the server. Planet partner revenue is based on decay and auction sales fees primarily. It is not based on loot cycles like a land area, so basing loot cycles on potential revenue generation won’t help you to determine what revenue it will contribute to for the total AG payout.

https://nextisland.com/academy/deeds-and-shares

I’m 50% sure this can’t be right.

Thank you for the answer, but I still have a misunderstanding. So the revenue of the Shares is calculated as being 50% of the planet partner revenue, which is calculated using decay(I have a confusion here) and auction fees. Alright, is there any chance I might get a numerical example?
Let’s say the AG shares will pay 0.01 ped, what amount of ped must be lost through decay so that the shares will pay that amount?

OK, so as an example:
For every 8,000 PED generated in revenue to Next Island through the Ancient Greece server, 4,000 PED (50% of NI revenue) will be equally distributed across the 400K shares as .01 PED (1 PEC)

1 Like