Lore Submission Thread

Isme’s Journey
Multiple submissions: entries 34-38

Isme’s Journal #34

Wowzers was I off my game today!

I got a few papoo and a few piglets but I was so sloppy. Perhaps that is another thing I need to work on. I need to not let other things distract from hunting. Things like what I am going to do with the profits from this hunt if there are any. HA HA today there will not be much, that is for sure! Things too like that incident with Cherry.

Even things like, where do all these papoo come from? I remember watching some old cartoons as a kid, where this Alien had a gum ball machine filled with green balls. The label on the machine said “10,000 martians – just add water”. The machine fell in a sewer drain and suddenly there were alien antenna poking up everywhere!

Sometimes I think the papoo and the mountain boars are just like that. No matter how many get killed everyday there are just as many the next day!

Again, I am distracted. Ugh. I think I need a good nights sleep and a good breakfast, AT HOME, and then a clear head for hunting.

Even though I am not really mad at Cherry anymore, I think I should skip that restaurant for awhile.

I wonder if I will get anymore of the pretty purple gems tomorrow. I forgot what they are called. They sure where pretty though.

UGH! Again, I am distracted. Maybe I am distracted because I am thirsty. I haven’t had a lot of water today. Did I have any today? What did I have to drink at the restaurant?

Sigh, Again distracted.

Maybe I need a large glass of water, a good nights sleep, a good breakfast at home and then go hunting tomorrow.

I was kind of cold last night, maybe my bedroom was too cold. Do I still have that extra quilt? What if I made a sort of quilt from papoo pelts? That would be warm.

Dang it, distracted again!

Okay… I need a glass of water, a good nights sleep with a warm quilt to keep away the cold, a good breakfast at home and THEN go hunting.

What about those designs for slippers I was working on……

ARRGH

GO TO BED ISME!

Isme’s Journey

Isme’s Journal #35

The blanket was a great idea! It was heavy and it seemed to calm me. I feel much more focused this morning!

My plan for today is to walk to the piglet field. While walking I am going to look for stones, magic flowers, fruit and dung for that supply order I agreed to get. Then I am going to warm up for an hour or so on those silly piglets. I want to focus on that new move, and then various follow ups to that move.

After warm up I am going to find the sensor that starts those waves of yellow papoo running at me. That will give me a variety of papoo and in different sized groups. If I can complete that I am going to move to where the brown papoo are and start practicing everything on them.

After that I am going to see where I am at for supplies and what time of the day it is.

So things went pretty well today. I had a lot of success at both the piglets and the yellow papoo!

I even got more of those pretty purple stones! I found a few pieces of fruit and surprisingly no dung even though I was surrounded by animals. Always baffles me.

When I went to fight the brown papoo, I was in good form! I made multiple clean kills with minimal damage to the pelts. I am quite proud of myself!

Magic and stones

Flowers and fruit

Until those I owns

I must stick to it!

Pelts and tusks

From animals I takes

Skills and lucks

Will hunter I makes

What a silly poem

So silly but I writes it

If I makes a silly tome

I hope somebody likes it

Ha, what a lot of nonsense!

Oh well its fun!

Well, here is to an excellent day, and maybe an even better one tomorrow!

Isme’s Journey

Isme’s Journal #36

Today was an interesting day!

I woke up to rain, lots of rain. I did not check the weather last night so it was a bit of a surprise.
This planet is generally sunny but it DOES rain sometimes!

This only set me back a bit. I had to run some errands and a little rain never hurt anyone.
So off I went into town. I found a few pieces of fruit along the way and some pretty flowers. I even found one of those rare blue magic flowers! So Yay!!

It was on a regular road too. Fewer people were out in the rain so I must have been the first to see it.

I got what I needed in town and had a nice stroll back. I even spent sometime splashing in some road side puddles like I did when I was a child. He He. Good times! Good times!

When I finally got back home, I was soaked to the skin. I really should not be surprised! I mean, come on, how much water does anyone think I chiton will hold back?

So I dried off, hung up my soaked chiton and since I wasn’t going anywhere else, I got into my jammies. I decided to check my messages and have something to drink. Good thing I did too!

I had sent some sketches of my clothing ideas to a friend of mine on Calypso. She thought they were really great and had showed them to a clothing buyer friend of hers. That person thought they were so amazing that they want to get together with me to discuss a possible production run for sale in their stores!!!

I had to read the email 3 times before my brain wanted to process what I had just read!
Then I stood up, sat down, stood up again, had an another drink, sat down and read it again.

Of coarse I am going to meet with, with, the person! As I write this I can’t remember her, I think its a her, name.

This could be the next big thing for me! I could not only abandon cheap ramen all together but I could actually afford to fix my ground car and start saving for an air ship!

Isme’s Journey

Isme’s Journal #37

I talked to my friend on Calypso this morning. She is talking to her friend and we are going to set up a time to conference. It will need to be remote because at this moment I have no way off of Next Island.

Just think, my journey to become Isme Super Hunter could be a journey back into the fashion world. The fashion world and the hunter world… It could be AMAZING on an epic scale!

The TIMES might even want to interview me!!! Then my new title could be Isme Gotitt, Super Hunter and Trend setting Fashion designer!!

Whoa whoa whoa back it up Isme. There is a long way to go yet.

Now that I have re-established my grip on reality, I did do SOME hunting today. I worked on the follow up moves to that new move. I should give that move a name… calling it the “new move” is getting weird. And if I keep calling it the new move, what am I going to call the next new move when I learn it? Hmm, should I call it the “slide slice”? Or maybe the “Super awesome Isme slide”? Or, how about the “Pelt Saver?” That is kinda cool. I don’t know. I will have to work on it!

One thing I just remembered. My friend hinted that RED papoo fur might be the ideal color for my designs. I am still struggling with those red papoo. One of my things before going back to Ancient Greece is being able to take down 2 red papoo in a row with out dieing. I am gonna have to step up my game a bit I think.

Tomorrow I think it will be hard core papoo hunting. I have to keep this momentum up. I think and early start and if I stick to it all day, I will treat myself to a big meal at one of the Tiki restaurants in Crystal Beach.

OK Isme girl to bed with you!

Isme’s Journey

Isme’s Journal #38

Well today was fun. I think. Maybe? I started off with a few piglets, then some brown and yellow papoo. Okay if I am going to be honest here. I actually started off by tripping very ungracefully over a bit of broken branch. Then I killed a few piglets for warm up.

Then I headed over to the yellow papoo savanna and was about to take on my first papoo of the day. Slipped on some fruit in the grass. So on top of the indignity of falling, my long searched for fruit was ruined beyond usefulness.

By this time, all the nearby papoo were alerted to my presence. A large number of them headed my way!

I quickly got up and got ready for a heck of a fight!

It was an ugly fight. Anything resembling grace or poise or finesse was gone. Utterly and completely gone. I got knocked down a few times, including being knocked back at least once into the squashed fruit!

Like I said. It was UGLY. By the time it was over I was pretty ugly too! Fur, refuse ( ya, I guess they can resort to that maneuver when pushed to it) smashed fruit, mud, and who knows what else was smeared all over me. I was cut and scratched in many places and slightly dazed.

BUT, I survived! I really did! I survived! I did a tail count when it was over and there had been 14 papoo in that fight! 14 papoo against me, The girl who it seems like yesterday had difficulty fighting a potato chip bag that would not open!

I will not say it was fun, because it was not. And I will admit, for a Super Hunter in training, I started off this hunt very badly.

I will give myself credit though for fighting through it, and at least keeping enough presence of mind that I could stay alive and not end up at the revive terminal.

Now that I have written it out I guess it was a good day after all. Tomorrow I think I give red papoo a go. Then by some new clothes. This outfit is done for!