Announcement from Socrates

Greetings all,

Over the past two years I’ve had the pleasure of being the Community Manager of Next Island, and no doubt have had the opportunity to talk and get to know many of you. I’ve had a blast in this role, from the Community Recognition Program to hearing all of your thoughtful (and sometimes wild) suggestions for the future of NI.

However, I will now be moving over to another exciting role in data & analytics, still with Entropia. As such, your point of contact for all things Next Island, be it suggestions, bug reports or otherwise will be handled by the Next Island Officials: Circe, Poseidon, and Osiris who will be joining in the near future. In the short term I will continue to hand out rewards for the CRP that are still outstanding.

While I won’t be handling the day to day role of community manager, you will still see me around, and will still continue to stay in touch with the playerbase when I can. You are always welcome to reach out to me, though any formal matters for Next Island should go through the NI Officials.

Thank you all for the great experience in this role, it’s been fantastic and I’ve certainly learned a lot in that time. Please keep being the great supporters that you are of Next Island and I look forward to supporting the game further in my new role.

Best of luck, and see you around :heart:
– Socrates.

16 Likes

Thank you for building the community! I love working with data so I hope your new position will be an interesting one!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for supporting me in doing so, it’s been an absolute honour. And yes, I’m very much looking forward to it!

2 Likes

You will be missed. And you are leaving some big shoes to fill.

2 Likes

Gratz for the new jobs and thanks for the awesome work the past few years.

2 Likes

There will not be enough mythological characters to fill your gap… Thank you for everything, and even so, you should know that you will continue to be part of my lores in the future, and I will be able to continue saying: AT YOUR ORDERS!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for your time as a very dedicated Community manager. How you filled the role can be an example to others!. You will definitely be missed by us all on NI

Good luck and lots of fun in the new role! Data science is a ‘new’ field, so I’m sure there’ll be a lot to keep you busy and many new challenges ahead.

2 Likes

Gonna miss you Socrates. Best of luck with your new job!

2 Likes

I just want to say thanks for being a great Community manager, the NI community are lucky to have had you in-place during this time.

I hope the new CM realises the shoes they’re going to have to fill! :smiley:

2 Likes

gratz for new job, and still happy to know your always here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was really worried reading that first paragraph, but happy you are staying on the team as something else. Enjoy your new position and don’t be a stranger. Come say hi to us from time to time, if they let you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Curious. Who’s going to be the new Community Manager, and when can I get in touch with them to schedule a pick-up time for the armor I earned?

Socrates is still in charge of that, so send him a message on discord to set a time.

1 Like

Good Luck~!

Thank you for everything and best of luck in you new role.