Announcement Regarding Next Island

Greetings Entropians,

It is with a heavy heart we regret to inform our community that David Post, the founder and visionary of Next Island, has passed away. As his friends and family celebrate his legacy, we hope all of those who have enjoyed participating in his vision being brought to life will do the same.

David was a kind man, with a fun vision for Next Island and a playful sense of humor. The origins of Next Islands lore are rooted in a childhood dream of his that he always wanted to see come to life, and fortunately for everyone, his story has been immortalized on Next Island.

One of David’s commonly spoken fond memories was Coney Island amusement park near where he grew up. So in his honor, and with his family’s blessing, Next Island will be developing an annual celebration with lighthearted games and activities.

For now, please feel free to visit the statue of Vice Admiral Post at Paradise Landing on Next Island to pay your respects to the man who made this all possible, and whose legacy will continue to live on for many years to come.

Respectfully,
The Next Island Development Team

11 Likes

My condolences NI team.

2 Likes

Condolances to everyone who knew David, hopefully this does not impact the Next Island development in a negative way.

2 Likes

My condolances to all who knew him. He will be remembered

2 Likes

Sad times indeed. RIP David Post. You made a difference in my life thru NI

2 Likes

Development and management of Next Island will continue as usual.

1 Like

It is sad. But we all know him because of his actions. My condolences.

2 Likes

Its hard to know what to say, NI has become my home so losing the person that created the world I love got to me. I’ve been kind of distant as I spent a couple of days creating and working with other players on this page as a tribute. if you would like to leave a message you can either pm me or i might create a forum post just for messages. https://www.nihelper.com/tribute

7 Likes

RIP David , Long Live NextIsland

2 Likes